Google Launches fully-automated ‘Smart’ display campaigns.
Automation may not be new to display campaigns on the Google Display Network, but with the new Smart display campaigns, it’s not only the creative that’s automated. They use another type of automated targeting, combining contextual and audience-based targeting. They also automatically remarket to people who've recently visited your site and who are likely to convert.
According to the Search Engine, this offers "a simple, intelligent solution to managing the complex variables of display advertising, and may be the most effortless way to broaden your customer base and win new conversions". Smart Display Campaigns (SDCs) will display banner ads on all devices to users at various stages of the buying cycle that may have expressed interest in your or a similar product or brand.
The only things an advertiser needs to optimise Display Campaigns to their fullest are:
- Automated Bidding
- Automated Targeting
- Automated Ad Creation
The system pulls advertiser-provided headlines, descriptions, logos and images to create responsive text, display and native ads. Bids are set, based on Target CPAs, for each auction as the system determines the likelihood of conversion. It's end-to-end automation of Display advertising.
Why Use a Smart Display Campaign?
- Requires less manual labor and uses computerized learning to achieve your target cpa goals - It’s quicker to get better results.
- Requires less creative. You provide various headlines, descriptive text, and images. The campaign creates several banner sizes to fill available inventory. Your Display works smarter, not harder. It optimizes for the best mix of headline, descriptive text, and image in order to achieve the best results.
- Find the potential customers who matter most – reach the people who are showing the highest probability to be interested in your product or service and get as many conversions as possible. SDCs optimise your ads performance with automated targeting and bidding, including remarketing.
Why Smart Display over regular Display?
- Automated, real-time bidding
- A user-friendly interface
- Responsive ads shown on all devices
- A much more sophisticated campaign construction flow
- A new, aerodynamic way of tracking campaign performance and reporting
What you leave behind with regular Display Campaigns?
Manual bid strategies, targeting, settings and ad creation (so more manual labor and margin for human error) Desktop-only or mobile-only campaigns.